Mrs. Sherwin's Music Room Musings

Thoughts and Information from the Music Room

Music and Mrs. Sherwin

Greetings Ponoka Elementary!Image result for great quotes for music

I am officially located in the Music room this year!

It was a big plunge into a whole new world to me, but I am already enjoying the learning and the challenge of this new position.

I started playing in the school band when I was in Grade 5 and music has been a part of my life forever since.  The largest goal of my teaching in the music room is to have the students appreciate music, enjoy it in all its forms and varieties, experience new music and art, enjoy singing and creating music.  When they are older, maybe they won’t hesitate to go to Symphony or take in a great concert! Maybe they’ll want to learn more instruments and take lessons.  Or maybe they’ll hum a little tune to their wee baby in the wee hours of the morning. Either way music is a part of life, a part of the human experience that adds color and a layer of richness to it.

“Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.” ― Sarah Dessen

I am so excited to spend time with nearly every single child in the school learning about and enjoying music!

Skip to toolbar